Sunday, June 8, 2008

Not Food!

Sunday was the dragon boat festival, and I went and watched some of the races in the morning! Afterwards I went to Taipei National University of the Arts, and then to a placed called Dan Shui, where they were having a sort of parade with traditional Chinese music, traditional Chinese costumes, fireworks, and the like to celebrate the birthday of Dan Shui's historial god (I think).
I brought my camera and intended to take a bunch of pictures, but left my memory card in the computer! I still have 3 pictures from the camera's built-in memory though!







They move really fast. We got to take a quick try in one in between the races, and I failed miserably at not splashing myself with water. The boats are also as narrow as they appear.


Also, for the dragon boat festival, the traditional food is sticky rice with either meat or vegetables at the center that is then steamed in a certain type of leaf. Sometimes the center filling isn't very good, but the rest of the time, they're pretty good. The connection to the dragon boat festival also entirely justifies this picture of food, which I stole from the internet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I took one look at that food and instantly thought, "CHINESE TAMALE!"