Saturday, May 24, 2008

Adventures with Kids


These are some kids that said hi to me while I was waiting for the bus. Every single one is supposedly 13. The shortest kid really, really, really liked video games. I had them help me order milk tea, though I'm the one that ended up looking like a tool in the picture. Whatever they ordered for me was definitely ridiculously overly unbelievably sugary to the point of that sweetness that only kids can enjoy.



These are some shots of the intersection where I live, complete with spectacular 7-11 which I am directly to the left of:








The guy who owns our building has a restaurant at the bottom and I had been hanging out speaking English with his kid, at which point said child took me over to his preschool to meet his teachers. His school is on top of the 7-11 up there in the pictures. I was promptly hired out to substitute teach, and taught English on Friday afternoon. My first group were all around 7 +/- 1 year and were great. They would also not stop playing with the hair on my arms. My second group were around 11-12, and were all stubborn and insistent upon not doing their work. This one kid was caught chewing gum by another teacher, and then she caught him chewing gum again when he walked back by 10 minutes later. I'm pretty sure it was as close to being brutally killed as he's ever been.




Also, this is probably the best $20 I've ever spent, or will ever spend, ever.

2 comments:

Mom-Sally said...

I take it you don't have air conditioning?

Rob said...

Nope.