Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nagoya Proves I am Inept with Digital Cameras

Kansai International Airport, 4 am














My first trip to Japan was so unexpected! I'd always imagined it would be slightly more exciting and expensive! We had an 8 hour delay so they shuffled us off to a nice hotel (though the free meal wasn't so great!). Room assignments required two people, which I found out when a Taiwanese guy asked me if I was alone and wanted to share. This worked out extremely well, as I was currently being talked to by a sketchy guy who wouldn't tell me what company he worked for, only what companies he was going to be visiting, so a potential crisis was definitely avoided. My roommate also found these kimono robes in the room that he figured we should take as souvenirs from our trip since we didn't actually do anything. We also discussed the fact that although they had specifically told us the mini-bar wasn't part of our free hotel stay, we were going to be out of the country in 4 hours anyway and they probably wouldn't be able to trace us. We watched House for an hour and then slept for 2 hours instead.

















Nagoya from the hotel window that I kept trying to open before I realized it was only to be opened in emergencies and required me breaking a plastic shell to get open. Whoops. Though blurry, fun is clearly visible in the distance.

No comments: