Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Housing


Down the hallway from my room. On the direct left is the door into the building staircase. Going down the hall on the right is my landlord who works at a newspaper, a Korean guy studying Chinese, and two Taiwanese guys who are still college students, with a room for laundry at the end with bathroom attached.
This first dog is really peaceful, the other one gets really excited with strangers. My landlord gave me a lighter to threaten him with, which seems to have subdued him into being more docile. I seriously spent my first 20 minutes here having the dog jump on me with my landlord shouting at it.





My room! It's about 8 ft * 10 ft.



It's also white like in the other pictures... not yellow.



My desk and closet, and the internet cable, which is undoubtedly the most important thing in the room.



The view from my window! There's a billboard in front of it.



The street outside, when one sticks their head out and looks through metal support beams.



I was out buying things on my first day like a mat, pillow, tissues, etc. When I came back this was in the bag. I'm in Asia for less than 24 hours and I'm already subconsciously obtaining Hello Kitty merchandise.



I suspect Hello Kitty tagged along with the sandals I bought to wear indoors. They were the only ones that were even close to being large enough, though they are still probably 1 1/2 sizes too small.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

.....::no comment on the Hello Kittyness::

Rob said...

I was probably more surprised than you. It just showed up!!

AzureKevin said...

Omfg, you made a blog!

Saria said...

the bed is soo low!